Every year at move out, an incredible volume of unwanted items are discarded. Dumpsters outside and inside residence halls are filled to the brim. In the past, RISD has coordinated clothing drives and Second Life art supply collections which have both resulted in large charitable donations.
RISD Flips accepts donations at the end of the academic year, typically the week residence halls close. Information is shared with students in May.
The goals of the program are to:
- Generate funds for scholarship: A yard sale in the summer will help raise funds to support the Staff Council student scholarship.
- Support International Students: We will put aside items that are difficult to travel with to assist international students.
- Support Second Life: We will help coordinate transport of art supplies to the Second Life store.
- Donate to community organizations: Post-sale, we will coordinate all excess items being donated to charity.
- Reduce our environmental impact: RISD Flips actively works to help reduce the amount of waste generated on campus when students move out after the spring semester.
Please consider donating unwanted items and help us reach our goal and maintain a sustainable campus! We will take
- gently used clothes, shoes and accessories
- art supplies
- clean kitchen equipment and supplies
- lamps, fans, hangers, storage bins, shower caddies
- and anything else that will be beneficial for incoming new students or raise funds during a yard sale.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!