- Why should I live on campus?
- There are many reasons to live on campus. Over 75% of our undergraduate students stay on campus. To become a part of RISD and get the true RISD experience living on campus is strongly recommended. You will have a Residence Advisors (RAs) on your floor / building to help you through your transition into RISD community. RAs will also host programs regularly to expose you to the RISD Community and the Providence Community. Additionally, we provide our students with security in a city environment 24/7. I could keep going – but you should stay on campus to experience all the reasons yourself!
- Where do Exchange / International students stay?
- We do not have specific Residence Halls. All residence halls that are for Upperclassmen are open to Exchange and International students.
- Is there any recommended space for Exchange students?
- The answer to this really depends on what your life style preference is. In a shared room you would have 1 or more roommate(s) in the same room with you. In a shared apartment you would have your own bedroom but share the common spaces such as a bathroom (toilet, shower, sink), kitchen, and living area. I would suggest thinking about what type of environment you would like to live in and then select from there.
- Where can I find information about Residence Halls
- Click here; Residence Halls
- Where can I find out how much rooms cost?
- Once you have decided on a building and a room type you can look at the rate for the room on this site; Room and Board Rates
- How will I be billed?
- Housing and Dining bills are based on our Semesters. We have 2 semesters; Fall and Spring. The amount listed is per semester. Bills can be checked online at risd.afford.com.
- When can I move in?
- Please check the contract for term dates. Exchange students move in with returning / current RISD students. Additional arrangements can be made to move in early with the Residence Life Office is special situations.
- When do I have to move out?
- Please check the contract for term dates. Exchange students move out with returning/current RISD students. Additional arrangements can be made to move in early with the Residence Life Office is special situations.
- When will I be able to choose my accommodation
- We certainly would like to do this right away, however with exchange students we do have to wait till your visas have been processed and you have received your RISD email and password. Do not worry – we have plenty of accommodation options available and everyone who would like to live on campus will have the opportunity to do so.
- How will I be able to choose my preferences?
- Once you received your RISD email and password you will receive directions to our Online Housing Portal via email. There you will be able to select your room preference, and look at your potential roommates as well.
- Should I get a Dining Plan?
- Certain room types require a meal plan. Please check the room type page to see if you are required a meal plan.
- Where can I get more information on Dining?
- You can visit the dining website here; http://risd.edu/Students/Dining/Meal_Plan/
- Where can I get information about transportation in Providence?
Additional information about life on campus and amenities that are included with your housing can be found on this page; Residence Halls
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions; (401) 454-6650 or email email@example.com