Welcome to the RISD on-campus community! As an incoming new student you may be wondering where to begin to apply for housing. Below is an overview of the forms/applications you will complete. Follow the following links for more information
- Housing Application: Please follow the room selection dates and timeline. All first and second year students are required to live on campus. Students will complete their housing application, select their room, and select their roommates on the Housing Portal.
- Medical Housing Accommodations: Any student who may need a housing accommodation based on a medical need must complete and submit these forms prior to being housed.
- Residency Waiver: Any first or second year (including transfers) looking to live off campus must complete this form to request off-campus housing.
- Room Changes: Sometimes roommates or room location / type aren’t ideal for the student. We do our best to help accommodate all students. If you ever want to ask about a room change, please contact your RA or Community Coordinator to discuss options and availability.
- Vacancy Buyout: If student finds themselves in a shared room by themselves and wish to not have a roommate, they have the option of ‘buying out’ the other space.
- Rentals and Services: Moving to a new space is very exciting and comes with lots of little things to take care of. RISD partners with a few companies (microfridge, linen and laundry services, etc.) to help you make this transition an easy one.